Query a REST API with Form Fields in Composer app and show result

I’ve set up an app with a REST API datasouce. I’m trying to figure out how to build an interface to query the API via a form for example, enter origin and destination in two fields, submit and then pull up the results. My API accepts query parameters on the entpoint ie. myapi.com?origin=TX&destination=CA and will return JSON result.

Could you please provide some direction?

I created a tutorial video that shows you how to do this, check it out!

Thanks Harri this is good stuff,

I have most of it working but can’t seem to return a single result (seems that I do not need a repeating list item) in the “results page” based on my API.

I have set up my endpoint to return a single result based on the 2 parameters entered (origin and destination). Below is an example of the response when using query parameters in my endpoint like: http://myendpoint.com/?origin=A&destination=B

[
{
“id”: “sample id”,
“origin”: “sample origin”,
“destination”: “sample destination”,
“max_calendar_days”: “sample max_calendar_days”,
“min_calendar_days”: “sample min_calendar_days”,
“lane_manager”: “sample lane_manager”,
“service_type”: “sample service_type”
}
]

I followed your tutorial but am a bit stuck on how to set it up to return the result as above in the second page of the app.

Thanks in advance!

Did you whitelist the query params also for the GET action in the Customize HTTP actions section? It’s separate from the GET collection action.

That said, fetching a single record only works based on ID at the moment, so you would actually want to make an ALL query and have the component repeat based on the data – since your query will only return one entry, only one instance of the component will be rendered. So it’s kind of a hack but should work fine.

If you want to display more data than is available with the default components, you’d want to code a custom HTML component that takes all the fields as parameters, see http://composer-docs.appgyver.com/docs/creating-custom-components for details.